Thursday, May 25, 2006

5 day weekend

hell yeah. i need one. no 'real job', no freelancing, no weddings, no working all day and then coming home to do more work, all the while wondering if it's a futile attempt at a future that's just out of my reach and maybe i should've just gone to med/law school like my parents wanted...i would have been good at both...but not happy.

i am now officially taking 5 days off from worrying about any of that bullshit, starting in just 3hrs...kick the weekend off at the dog park w/matty and diesl (puppy!), and then drinking and catching up with al. exactly what i need.

i'm encouraging everyone i know to do the same thing this weekend, and to feel free to come do it with me. everyone i know is getting burnt and stressed out, wondering about the future. and while most of you only have a 3 day weekend, i think you should all spend it taking a mental vacation, and meeting me for drinks wherever it is i may be. annie, i know you're already in....here's a song from our lunch kareoke session to get the weekend going (minus all the gang banger shit..):

"This is how we do it, all hands are in the air
And wave them from here to there
If youre an o.g. mack or a wanna-be player
You see the hoods been good to me
Ever since I was a lower-case g
But now Im a big g. the girls see I got the money
A hundred-dollar bills yall

If you were from where Im from then you would know
That I gotta get mine in a big black truck
You can get yours in a 64

Whatever it is, the partys underway
So tip up your cup and throw your hands up
And let me hear the party say


Im kinda buzzed and its all because
(this is how we do it)
South central does it like nobody does
(this is how we do it)
Ynv, scc, all my homies
(this is how we do it)
Ill never come wack on an old school track"

2 Comments:

Blogger If Only I was a Creative said...

you're writing is really truly beautiful by the way. oh yeah, and i love you. what a fucking weekend. send me pictures!!

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home