Saturday, May 13, 2006

random 36ish hrs

Today was the most random day ever. Got up at 7 (in Manorville, btw) to catch a plane to Baltimore (the flight lasts an hr...you're talking off for like 20min, actually in the air for about 15, and then "descending" for the next 25...i hate "descending"). Once in Baltimore, spent a half an hr walking around, an hr getting lunch, another 2 and a half hrs or so at the aquarium, and then went back to the airport. After another 25min of dizzying decent, went from the Islip airport (which I had been in just 8 hrs prior) to Lake Grove, to get my mom (and then somehow my dad and I as well) new cell phones. I love the phone, sad about losing my old texts, sometimes I'm far too sentimental, (melis you're gonna have to re-send me that one about being a "crazy motherfucker" ha). Then off to my gram's, to say hi for mothers day, and then finally, back to my apartment, an hr and a half later than i estimated i would be, and for some reason, very very tired...something about wandering around and looking at fish for two hrs really takes it out of you...maybe it was all that airport/plane time...i really hate descending... All this in the name of a free plane tkt to Cali (or anywhere else in the US I want, for up to a yr)

The day with my parents was much more fun than I thought it'd be tho, so all the plane time was worth it. The highlight of the weekend so far though, was driving my car. It's the one thing I miss about not being on long island. I plugged my ipod in and just drove around for an hr, music blaring, singing along badly at the top of my lungs half the time, just driving and letting my mind wander the other half (when you live in the middle of nowhere you can get away with that, even if it is kinda rainy and foggy...). Since the moment I got my license, my time alone driving my car has always been one of my favorite and most effective modes of release/catharsis. Went to my spot, smoked a cigarette outside, was too freaked out to walk around on the dock by myself tho...i feel like they used to have more lights there...i never used to be freaked out to go to the end of the dock alone at night...i used to do it a lot actually...maybe it was the fog, it looked all creepy and foreboding...and that big goose thing that's always there was giving me a weird look...

I had a lot of much more meaningful thoughts last night and today that I initially intended to write about - about my family, my current life situation, thoughts on my possible future life situations...but I'm tired and I don't feel like it anymore.

For a little bit of insight into what some of those thoughts were, read the top three posts for May 12th, and my comments, here:

  • It's All A Test


  • I'm gonna go play with my new phone. And sleep.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home