Wednesday, December 27, 2006

awkward anniversaries

Unceremoniously threw out the remaining vestiges of last year, that i saved thinking i'd need them for some kind of reference, or thinking i'd need to dispose of them in some dramatic fashion to fit the drama they signify. But. It turns out, I didn't need any of that. Their need for a fiery farewell faded with their significance in the back of my closet, and now they sit in a plastic bag, where they truly belong, with the rest of the trash.

It's a year, a full year almost to this minute. This minute that was for me the final seconds of a long dragged out month, a long dragged out 6 months, a long dragged out year. A year that I'm still willing myself to forgive myself for, but, that will happen. Only one untold story to tell, and then I won't carry any of it around with me anymore. And I can be all the way moved on instead of just 3/4. This particular awkward anniversary will be the last.

Back to cleaning the hell out of my apartment, which i seem to need to do quarterly to maintain a sense of balance and control (with or with out awkward anniversaries).

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end... amen to that!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home