Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Free is the word of the day

Halfway through work, what had so far been a long slow day of work, or rather, not much work, for me, i decide that having the second half of my day to myself is worth the money i'd lose if i left, and so (after weighing the idea with a few friends) i claim i'm not feeling well, and instant message my way to freedom. "amy, if i was thinking of taking a half day who do i talk to w/o danny here?" "talk to kitty" "kitty, i think i'm gonna go home, ann doesn't need anything" "ok, ask kevin if he needs anything" "kevin, do you or will you need anything?" "umm, i don't think so but ask beth" "ok." "beth, do you need anything, if not i'm going to take a half day" "nope i'm all good thanks for checking!" 20min or so of this later, i'm throwing on my coat, hitting the elevator button and calling matt (also home for the day) "i escaped, i'll drop by on my way home, see you in like 20min". the time i spent catching up w/matty and then working on my own work in my own apartment was well worth the 75 dollars. too bad i can't just pay myself a salary.

there are still so many ways i'd like to be free. guess i just have to keep working on it.

best advice i've gotten: "you have to get over the fact that there are some things you can't control, bc they're blocking you from seeing the things you can."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home