Saturday, May 27, 2006

Life, the Universe and Everything.

Is what I’ve discussed so far this weekend.

Thurs: Al comes trudging up the stairs w/her huge backpack, and I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I’ve last seen her. We talk about how the apartment’s changed, she says she’s proud of what I’ve done with it, turning it from our eclectic (a nice word for slightly chaotic at times) college pad into an “adult apartment”. She’s happy that I have her art all over the walls, and I’m happy that she left it with me to put up. We share many, many beers, and many many meandering (typical Al and Court fashion) stories. Two hours in we realize we each have at least 5 different threads of 5 different major stories hanging in the air, and we try to work our way back from the random side street subjects of Italian poetry and street chalk drawings back through to finish the beginning. By 4am we’ve managed to tie together the major points, with out missing any of the random colorful details in between. Walking to the deli for more cigarettes and smoking and drinking out on the stoop it feels like she never left. Going to sleep it’s weird that her bed isn’t right across from mine, to have half-sleeping-not-coherent-train-of-thought conversations before sleep. Living with Al always felt like sleep away camp.

Fri: Coffee. Large coffee’s. And talk of a puppet movie, about the way life moves in circles. That change but somehow still stay the same. Then uptown with half a bagel in my stomach, wandering through the rain in midtown to meet Deb and Devon at The Four Seasons, for a drink, b/c we think it’s amusing. I love that I’m wearing my “Everyone loves an X (the X added by me) catholic girl” shirt in this ridiculously old school swanky hotel bar. Where my “Green Teani” (arguabley one of the best drinks I’ve ever had) costs $20 and comes on a silver tray, with my own shaker and dish of dried cranberries. Then the four of us head back downtown to get beers at a dive bar in my neighborhood. The one we saw the fight at that time. Nice. Then Al and I drunkenly wander around Union Square to buy her a cell phone charger, and we buy our finger puppets in route. I eat, and pass out until 11, when I wake up feeling hung over and Al stumbles in from dinner with Andrea feeling the same. Up til 4 again, trying not to feel hung over, watching “Next” on MTV and laughing our asses off at the most immature, inappropriate jokes, which I don’t feel the need to share here….I laugh so hard my head hurts and fall asleep.

Sat: More coffee. Joke around with the puppets, do laundry, take notes. Up to the park (where Alex unintentionally re-enacted a scene from Oz with a very large woman on the train who seemed to want to get to know her a little more intimately…) for something like 5hrs, with visits from Sabrina and Shannon, Deb, and then Andrea, her bf, and Cosmo, the squirrel obsessed puppy. Back home to eat and shower and wake up enough to go out. Which is what I need to go get ready to do right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home