Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Reflections on my last night in Oahu

(posted from my amazing oceanfront balcony in Kona…which will get it’s own blog in a few days)

Sitting on the “back porch” of our hotel, which has become my favorite place here (next to the beach of course), in my spot, near the ash tray with a perfect view out across the lawn, through the palm trees, to the tiki torches glowing in the outdoor bar across the way. Amazing Hawaiian sun, coffee, smoking, ipod and notebook. Perfect.

Many political thoughts sprung from Pearl Harbor…that made me want to call Al and have a conversation about politics and war and the politics of war…many many many more thoughts that I wrote down on paper and will refrain from running off on a tangent with here….but will surely discuss with my politic savvy friends when I’m back.

The ocean is amazing. I could float in it forever. The soothing swell and crash of the waves, “I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now”. My little blue raft and I taking on the waves with the surfers (suffer girls are hot…wow).

Hiked to the top of Diamond Head for the most unbelievable view….the shit that only exists in postcards, but seeing it in real life…..the ocean folding out for eternity, layered in shades of blue, melting into the sky and the clouds…the volcano-made-mountains on the other side, with houses built into the hills, like Amalfi and Cinqueterra….

Luau against the ocean and night sky (hula girls are even hotter than suffer girls….I am hypnotized by those hips….damn….)

Wiped out from the sun, waves and alcohol…but in a good way. I don’t want this vacation to end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home