Sunday, August 13, 2006

vacation bitches!

I’ve only been in Hawaii for about 4 hours and I’m in love with it already. It’s fucking beautiful. Well worth the extensive travel time it took to get here (seriously, it took me less time to get to Italy, including customs. touching down in Honolulu a full 24 hrs after I left my apartment last night was much anticipated relief. Not the biggest fan of flying).

Punch drunk on jet lag and mai tais, walked along the beach right outside our hotel, with my feet in the clear warm blue pacific, feeling the freedom of being able to breathe for the first time in weeks. I’m tired but in that warm, full and drunk kind of way. (the fact that the clock says 7:15 and my body thinks it’s after 1am is also a contributor I’m sure….)

Quote of the day goes to my mom, about four sips into her mai tai:

“Pass me those peanuts? ….I’m drunk”

Coming up in the next few days: Luaus, Royale Pinapples, the Lost set if I can find it, driving through the rainforest on Island #2 of the trip, and as much beach time as possible. Then Melis gets here on the 18th, for the hotel with the kickass pool and the island with the gay beach…

It’s so great to be on vacation and leaving the chaos of my life behind for a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger invisible dreams said...

i'm jealous. :) have fun!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

i love your mom... and her quote.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home