Friday, September 29, 2006

phone dates

how come some people are better at lifting the weight off your life than others? i'm very lucky to have some very good friends (even if one of those friends is all the way across the country...at least we're getting better at keeping our phone dates amidst all the madness). communication is key, and it's always the easiest to be the most open with your friends. my therapist concurs. i posed the conversation to her as a question, got an agreement in return as an answer and was surprised that even tho it wasn't the answer i was looking for, it still made me feel better. my good friends are the same way, their answers may not always come in the forms i expect them to, but they still work.

i need to get my ass out to sf. and on a similar note (missing ppl) i'm really going to miss the storytime cig breaks, lunches, and window seat desk visits that i've grown so accustomed to (and that, this time last year, played a huge part in pulling me out of the train wreck i'd entangled myself in - seriously if i've never told the two of you that...you have no idea how having you both back in my life everyday helped me find myself enough again to give me what i needed to get the fuck out).

my friends are fucking amazing, they work with me, play with me, visit lush tropical islands with me (do you miss swimming as much as i do melis?), are enthusiastic and supportive, listen to me bitch about the things that frustrate me, give me advice, music recommendations to suit my mood, and get me drunk when needed. even tho none of us have much control over the the things that complicate our lives, at least we have each other.


"i owe my life to the people that i love"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh...one of ur most touching posts yet coot

11:32 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

awwwwwwwwww

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home