Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cigarettes and a sore throat

I hate being home sick. I hate wasting a day off sitting in my apartment feeling shitty, knowing that when spring comes I'll wish I still had this day to play hookey in the park, but instead, i'm spending it watching the ever fascinating sport of "Curling" at the Olympics and for once, wishing I was at work. What I hate the most though, is no matter how sick I am, I still can not stop smoking. My throat is killing me, those little gland things on the side feel like they're about to blow up and float away, and still, every now and then, I need a cigarette and that need overwhelms the fact that my already not so happy throat doesn't need any more damage right now....Somehow, it's worth the few minutes of extra throat scratching to get that all consuming kick of nicotine that my body/brain has become so accustomed to. Sometimes it's scary how addicted to these things I am....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be nice (because you're sick) and not comment :).

But...you know what I would say.

Did you end up making your cookies yesterday? Feel better :(

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home