Saturday, February 18, 2006

Life is a highway...

...and I wanna ride it all night long.


I am, for the first time in too long, happy. Not that I've been miserable for the past year and a half, but this is the first time in that long that I've felt this pure sense of happiness with out the previsoulsyeverpresent cloud of doom and anxiety hanging over my shoulder. I am getting the hang of this "letting go" thing and the cloud has dissipated as I excise the toxins of my poisonous relationship.

Things are looking up all around. I have the most amazing friends in the world, and I've been meeting some very cool new people too. AND I found out yesterday that my best friend, old roommate and platonic life partner, is in her words "coming home! sort of..." well, she'll be here for a week in May and I'll take what I can get at this point because I miss her like crazy, especially now. It's not quite the same getting drunk, dressed and hitting the town w/o her and our old pre-party dance parties in the apartment.

This three day weekend is kicking ass already, and I'm only a day in. Not even spending this afternoon working on psycho Naomi Judd's show can spoil my mood now.


"...if you're going my way, I wanna drive it all night long..."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happiness is good, you deserve it :)
You also deserve other things like, I don't know, 5 in 12 hours...but that's probably an entirely different post entirely.

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wanna go Ouuuuuuuuoooooottttt tonight"

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home