Wednesday, February 15, 2006

my day with the mta

I think I spent more time on the train today than I did sleeping last night. First from Union Square down to Wall Street for work. Then from Wall Street all the way up to 106 and Park to drop off "emergency DVDs" (emergency my ass...) at the studio, where I politely declined to stay and watch the rest of the show. Watching that woman for hours on end while I log and digitize the footage is enough for me. Then from 106 and Park back down to Union Square, do a quick job of straightening up my apartment, which was mostly comprised of emptying the ash tray, smoking more cigarettes, making piles just to sort through them later, and then taking out the garbage on my way back to - that's right - the subway. Back up to 86th street, where I apparently blew out my right headphone...nice...got my hour of mental sorting for the week, and then back down to Union Square.

All of the extra subway time today did give me time to get reacquainted with some old favorites on my ipod. Like this one:

"Yeah, the night's not over
You're not trying hard enough,
Our lives are changing lanes
You ran me off the road,
The wait is over
I'm now taking over,
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough."
-The Strokes, "Repilia"

This is also a kick ass video. It's simple, but shot and cut well. And it's all close ups. I love close ups. It's a very cool video.

1 Comments:

Blogger invisible dreams said...

I was listening to the Strokes today too! While on the subway no less. :) No my car wasn't in the shop: I CHOSE to take the public transformation system (typo intended). I'm glad I'll be back behind the wheel tomorrow.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home