Monday, February 27, 2006

cranky

Today, I let (am letting, but trying not to) something bother me more than it should. More than I would have expected it to. It somehow has gained the weight of meaning it does not merit. This I'm sure, is symbolic of something bothering me underneath, but I can't put my finger on what. What ever it is, I want it out. Gone. Done.


Listening to Ani's "Living In Clip" and cutting some rich yuppies wedding seems a bit mis-matched. But it's suiting my mood.


"and across the kitchen table
i fired several rounds,
but you were still sitting here
when the smoke cleared.
and you came crawling back
to say that you wanna
make good in the end

and oh, oh,
let me count the ways
that i abhore you,

........
.......

and you were never very kind,
and you let me way down every time
but oh, oh, oh what can i say..."



"i'm not trying to give my life meaning
by demeaning you
and i would like to state for the record
i did everything that i could do
i'm not saying that i'm a saint
i just don't want to live that way
no, i will never be a saint
but i will always say

squint your eyes and look closer
i'm not between you and your ambition
i am a poster girl with no poster
i am thirty-two flavors and then some
and i'm beyond your peripheral vision
so you might want to turn your head
cause someday you might find you're starving
and eating all of the words you said"

2 Comments:

Blogger invisible dreams said...

but let us not forget the end to those lyrics:

"and you were never very kind,
and you let me way down every time
but oh, oh, oh what can i say...
i adore you"

Sometimes it's the person we love the most that we end up hating the most too.

Sux don't it?

10:36 PM  
Blogger If Only I was a Creative said...

fuck. i so need to listen to that album again. I hear you.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home