Sunday, February 26, 2006

going back to the start

"running in circles, chasing our tails, coming back as we are"
-Coldplay, 'the scientist'


Mixed in with my many vanilla vodka and coke's last night were splashes of the past. My friend had the experience I'm both dreading and waiting to just get over with in my own life - the inevitable ex-encounter. His seemed to go relatively smoothly though, way more smoothly than I know mine will, considering that my ex is a psychotic little time bomb. And in the midst of that encounter, our already strange little trio was bombarded by another blast from the past during a rushed-because-of-the-cold cigarette break. Out of nowhere, V (old, long lost college friend) pops up w/a little blonde sidekick and her best fake "professional" persona, complete with an unnaturally deeper voice and her Christie's business cards. After 2minutes of superficial bs, she pops into a cab and we pop back inside to thaw out. It's so strange to run into someone you used to know well, and have them not act like themselves. Like the truer version of themselves that you know they still have, but it just didn't match w/her purse or her sidekick, so she left it home for the night. I'd like to catch up with the V i used to know, and with a few other long lost kids from 4A. (And one from 3A, who's number I need to get from you Annie, when you read this tomorrow at work, will you i.m. it to me?).

Finished the night off watching the sunrise on the phone with a friend and hearing words I wished I'd heard 3 years ago. But maybe, in hindsight, it's better that they were discussed now, and not then. They have a very different impact now. And I think it's better this way.

1 Comments:

Blogger If Only I was a Creative said...

Stoni Vanilla and Coke is MY drink! SERIOUSLY - You fucking scare me.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home