Friday, March 31, 2006

Itchy

There have been so many things to blog about the past few days...one of the funniest lunch conversations ever, an email i anticipated and didn't want, lots of storytelling, the ever fascinating healing process of my now itchy tattoo....but every time i went to write something, i started reading old posts instead. It's a strange, mini journey through time. Tracing my personal growth through sad/angry song quotes, tales of re-arranging my apartment, nights working and many drunken weekends with friends. Following the path of my sadness/anger/renewal through analogies about the ocean and mail, watching myself forget, remember, re-learn, move on. Smiling at the start of subtle flirtation, first buried in song lyrics and then more overt, finding happiness in myself and then in new beginnings.

Sifting through the shedding of emotional layers while watching the layers of skin around my new tattoo shed and settle. That's what I've done this week instead of writing. It's a good week to look back before looking forward. I get reflective, pensive, around my birthday. At least I don't get really depressed anymore tho...ha.


My birthday brings us to the email I anticipated and didn't want. Still, one email, with the excuse of an occasion behind it , after 3 weeks of peaceful silence, isn't bad. Well meant or facetious, I really don't care. I hope it's the last.

I'm getting very excited about the weekend. And I'm even more excited about the prospect of it starting sooner than I expected. My boss called this morning to tell me she wasn't coming in today, wished me a happy birthday and told me to leave as soon as it was comfortably possible for me to do so. That, is an excellent b-day present. I think I can make it comfortably possible for me to leave around the 2-3 range...hmm....

Speaking of excellent birthday presents - Annie you're awesome for actually coming over and washing my dishes for me last night. If I still don't have a dishwasher next year, I'd like to put in my request for the same present now.


I so so wish I could remember the Marilyn Manson conversation from lunch the other day...I've been trying to piece it back together in my head all week...Matt, Annie, help....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good, I like it when you post :)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home