Wednesday, March 22, 2006

can't think of a title

Spent the last half an hour catching up with a long lost friend, via i.m., who was there for one of the bigger formative phase of my life. She was one of my Florence roommates, and one of the many people I lost touch with during Maria-gate (thanks Matt, for the phrase). It's strange how you can not talk with someone for so long and then pick up right where you left off. Both of our lives have seen turmoil and renewal in the past few months...in very similar ways...We did the surface level catch up, the headlines w/o the details...which will have to wait for a time that's not the middle of the work day, and include some alcohol....Reminisced about random photographs and the group trip to Interlaken (or however you spell it). I love the fact that my bonds w/my favorite Florence girls, will never be broken by time or distance....

I still can't get over the timing of things in my life. I still can't get over the fact that I feel happy. I'm not used to it after feeling unsettled, uneasy, and trapped for so long....I'm trying to ignore my ambivalence, born out of the fear of ever feeling that way again. Trying not to project the past onto the future. I like this feeling, these feelings, that I'm feeling now. I like getting a dazed smile on my face mid cigarette break, prompting Matt to say, "You're thinking about Sabrina right now aren't you?" Yeah, it freaks me out. But I like it. :)


Quotes of the day:

Rhi: I'm really looking forward to my date with Shaun*
Me: Aw, that's good.
Rhi: But I still wanna sleep with Adam*

*names have been changed, hehe.


Annie: I'm a winner!!!

Annie: DUE!!!


Yes Annie, you are a winner.....

And now I should go back to actually doing my job for the last half an hour I'm here today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I'm a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinner!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Annie's like ,racking up all the Quote of the Day/Week points. I feel this is unfair as you work with her :)


And yes, you spelled Interlaken correctly. Gold star!


Um, you two are freaking too cute. You're all giddy. I highly approve. Highly!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home