Monday, March 13, 2006

monday monday

I don't know if today moved fast just because I missed an hour of it - if that's the case, i think i should roll into work at 10:30 everyday. But then I'd be like Annie's office nemesis...the wonderful N.G. And since I don't want to be compared to her, I guess I'll stick with my usual 9:15 arrival time (ok, ok, let's just say somewhere between 9 and 9:30). Speaking of Annie, here's her latest quote of the day:

"Yeah, you dove headfirst into that one...literally!"

Nice, very nice. Look for her up and coming hit single (which she'll be writing this evening) "I Call You Every Monday Night For Sex". Looking forward to it Annie. I'm sure Mr. Shoots is too....

Random tourist story of the day:

Me and Matt are taking our usual cigarette break when he smiles in amused disbelief over my shoulder. Walking down the street is a pack of about seven middle aged ladies...all wearing seafoam green Statue of Liberty hat/tiara things. I wish I had a camera. Even my crappy phone camera would have done it. But, sadly, my cell was up at my desk, so the image is captured in my memory alone. It was hard enough not to laugh when they walked by the first time, but when they doubled back, looking lost and confused and ended up asking Matt and I for directions (to the WTC of course...) I had to bite my lip to keep from cracking up.


On a more personal note, after the turbulent chaos of the last year and a half, I had forgotten that liking someone is supposed to be fun. Thank you, (you know who you are) for reminding me.

"I've seen the look in your eye
I've seen you wondering why
There's a centre of gravity
Brings you near to me
Nearer all the time

And I'm petrified
Hypnotised
Every time you walk by
And I can't get you
Out of my
Mind"
-Aqualung, "Can't get you out of my mind"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have resorted to looking for hints in your blog to find out details. This is sad. Enlighten me!

10:06 PM  
Blogger If Only I was a Creative said...

you're welcome. :) I thoroughly enjoy you!

2:05 AM  
Blogger invisible dreams said...

I agree with sticky peaches. Enlighten us both!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home