Tuesday, May 16, 2006

lunch table kareoke

Annie and I spent the better part of lunch today sounding like a commercial for one of those "hits of the 90's" compilation cd's. It's amazing (and a little scary) some of the songs I still know the words to, i.e. Color Me Bad's "I wanna sex you up" (yeah...I had that on cassette...).

We sang our way through a medley of oh so random songs like:

Ace of Base "I saw the sign" and that one that goes: "All that she wants is another baby, she's gone tomorrow boy" (Annie: what the hell was that song about anyway? she wants a baby and then she's leaving?)
Montell Jordan, "this is how we do it" ("so i reach for my 40 and I turn it up, designated driver take the keys to my truck......so tip up your cup, throw your hands up and lemme hear the party say, i'm kinda buzzed and it's all because...")
TLC ("so I creep, yeah, just keep it on the downlow....")
Janet ("like a moth to a flame burned by the fire..", "if I was your girl all the things I'd do to you...")
Violent Femmes ("when I'm a walking I strut my stuff and I'm so strung out"
-Annie: Was that song really about masturbation?)
Spice Girls (hahahaha)
Sean Something ("sunny came home..." - Me: didn't she come home and burn the house down or something?)
Paula Cole ("I don't wanna wait...") Ah Dawson's Creek.
Naughty by Nature ("you down w/opp? yeah you know me" -Me: I was so excited when I found out what opp stood for. Annie: wait, what does it stand for?
"hip hop hooray, ho, hey ho")

Soul Asylum ("run away train never coming back, wrong way on a one way track")
Areosmith (all those videos with Liv and Alicia)
Early Mariah (that video where she's wearing a flannel shirt on top of that mountain...priceless...)
Boys to Men ("motown philly back again...")
Some random group ("I want you to want me, I need you to need me, I'd love you to love me...")

That's all I remember but there were at least 20 more...I feel like we should get our own VH1 "I love the 90's" special.


My favorite discovery of the day:

The bi-racial cookie.


3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

You also forgot:

Artists:
Bryan Adams
All 4 One
UB40
Meatloaf
Marcy Playground
Chumbawamba
Gin Blossoms

And the songs:
Candy Rain
PPPPoison
Insane in the Membrane
Whoop, there it is!
Barbie Girl
Breathe
100% Pure Love

It was like connect the one hit wonders or long gone bands at lunch...

3:17 PM  
Blogger ath said...

I can't believe I forgot some of those...and I also forgot to mention your amazing interpretive dance skillz annie...i'm still laughing (on the inside).


that last song was also in "10 things I hate about you" ha, i prob shouldn't admit that I know that...matty's up at the studio in harlem for the rest of the week for the Naomi shoot. he has some pretty impresive interpretive dance skillz of his own though...

3:46 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Ohmigod, those dance movez... Whooop there it is and IiiiiiiiiiiiI will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Get those arms going...

Matt definitely has the best interpretive dance moves, though.

Round II
Toni Braxton
Seal's Kiss from a Rose
Brandy and Monica's The boy is Mine!
Hootie and the Blowfish
Paula's Straight up now tell me...
Kris Kros will make you Jump, Jump!
O come on Eileen!
Just like a prayer, your voice will take me there... oooo....
En Vogue
And, how could we forget:
Salt n Pepper's "Shoop!"

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home