Friday, January 13, 2006

random

"Making someone gay is exhausting...I don't know how my mother did it"
-Jack on "Will and Grace" (him and Will are doing some Queer Eye type thing)


That quote has nothing to do with what I intend to write about, but it just made me laugh out loud so I wanted to share. Jack and Karen should get their own show. They get all the best lines as it is.


So, as you can tell, I'm spending my Friday night with the TV on in the background while I edit a clients wedding video. (check out me and Rhi's company link on the right, we do wedding videos, fashion shows, general event videography...the site just has wedding stuff for now, I'm still in the middle of cutting our new and improved demo reel). It can be a little depressing to cut someone else's wedding right after your own cataclismic break up. That's why I've been putting off finishing this project for weeks, but sometime soon this couple is going to expect the "most important moment of their lives" to show up on a shiny new (and personalized) dvd in their mailbox. I guess it's good to know that someone out there could make it work, and in some ways it's an honor to be a part of that. 40 years from now when this couple wants to share the experience of their wedding day with their grandchildren, they'll play our dvd for them. Sundance it's not, but it'll do for now....and it pays good. "When money talks, I hate to listen, but lately it's been screaming in my ear" -Ben Folds, "Emaline"

So for now I'll let other peoples happiess bankroll my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home