Monday, April 24, 2006

really?

Is it really only 11:45? Why do I feel like I've worked a whole day already? Maybe b/c I was actually on time this morning. For the first time in weeks. And have been ridiculously productive since the second I walked through the door until now. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I pretty much worked through the whole weekend, here and at home (with the exception of a rain soaked trip to bed bath and beyond, an episode of Law and Order, and a 4 part, approximately 3hr, emotional conversation with my mother about my sexuality, my family and my insecurities...fun).

At least the rain this morning stopped the construction man from banging around on my fire escape again. He tried. He started. And then the rain started. And then I fell back to sleep. For 20min til my alarm went off. I think I ended up with about 4hrs of actual sleeping time. But my 2:30am a.i.m. conversation with long lost Florence roommate #2 was worth it. It was reminiscent of conversations we've had before, and all we needed was to be sitting at the same table, with cards and a bottle of wine between us.


I'm looking forward to May, everyone's coming back (even if just for a little while) in May. And I have 5 days in a row off from work in May. And I should probably be doing work right now, and not using this rambling blog to distract me. I'm just waiting for my tongue to not be numb anymore. That's what happens when you chew up "adult" motrin - which tastes not so good - with goldfish crackers. It does to your tongue what it will eventually go on to do to whatever part of your body hurts.


Maybe I'll go smoke again. While I wait for the segment producers to remember they have to give me their tapes and time codes to make the clip reels for the studio roll ins this week. Maybe I'll email them. Again. And then go smoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home