Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Inadvertently Buddhist

I think i'm inadvertently becoming slightly Buddhist...I really don't know if my personality is really just that chill, or if it's some combination of the fact that i handle things internally, take my time sharing. think. a lot. first. always.

I am more calm than i used to be though. This has a lot to do with the re-definition of drama that I spent a yr and a half learning (i am now, just weeks short of being six months out of that yr, well, sort of...5-6...there was a not so definable month in there somewhere...ok, there were lots of not so definable times in there...but as far as my mental state...it was much more made up by that last month before the moment that started the first month of the beginning of the end - have fun sorting that out...)


Buddhist wisdom:

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion


We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make our world.


Love yourself and be awake -
today, tomorrow, always.
First establish yourself in the way,
then teach others,
and so defeat sorrow.
To straighten the crooked
you must first do a harder thing -
straighten yourself.
You are the only master. Who else?
Subdue yourself,
and discover your master.


As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.
We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.
The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as
anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,
while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility
are the sources of peace and happiness.


Pay no attention to the faults of others,
things done or left undone by others.
Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone.


Fools wait for a lucky day
but every day is a luck day
for an industrious man



Quote of the day:

"It will never happen, but just in case Annie, if I ever, ever, say anything even remotely close to 'i think i might want to get back together with M. someday' immediately check me into Bellevue's psych ward and don't let me back out til I come to my senses..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a new religious sect of jewish buddhists...called Jubu(s)...i shit u not...i need to get this on the show so i can hear Naomi say "JuBu"

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home