Saturday, October 14, 2006

Checkmate

Plan each move 3 steps ahead, always looking to the future, trying to figure out the best action to take in the immediate present to get to the square I want to end up on. Find a way to keep the important pieces protected while deciding which pieces I can afford to risk, to sacrifice for the greater good.

I wonder if this is always the best way to approach things…some things, yes, but everything? I don’t know. I didn’t even realize the extent I do this to until today. It’s interesting.

It’s also interesting what pieces I decide I don’t need in certain situations. What I deem important and what I don’t. I’d say that sometimes I still surprise myself but that’s not entirely true. I always have a reason, it all always makes sense and if it doesn’t I’ll figure it out until it does.

And as I grow and learn and grow some more, I’m becoming both more pragmatic and more idealistic at the same time. Somehow, this odd combination goes hand in hand. The more I accept reality and learn how to control my level of control of that reality, the more of a dreamer I’m free to be. If that makes any sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home