Thursday, October 05, 2006

supermarket sweep

The perk I'll miss most about my current job (other than working with Matt and Annie), is my SmartFlex card. I love this card. It comes with a fresh balance every month that I can spend on any "health-related" items I want, for example anything at Duane Reade, or the co-pay for my eye doctor appointment last week. It's the best part of my insurance plan and it will no longer be valid as of my offical resignation tomorrow. So today, I called to see exactly how much I had left on it (i.e. to determine what kind of shopping spree I could have a Duane Reade after work today). $84. Not bad. It's harder than one would think to spend $84 at a drug store in one trip w/o buying any actual drugs...too bad I couldn't get a Valium perscripton or something this week...oh well...I need to get myself some doctor friends.

I've never been so excited to stock up on hand soap (I got 3 of them...who needs 3 hand soaps at once?), toothpaste, and cleaning supplies. It was tricky to reach the first $40, I thought it would go much quicker, but once I hit the "big money" items like motrin and tampons (sorry for the T word matty...just pretend you didn't see it..) it was all downhill. Landed at the regsiter with a grand total of $76 (after cigarettes) and just kept throwing packs of gum on the counter until the cashier looked like she was going to strangle me if I grabbed one more pack of Dentyne after she had already hit the total button a number of times...ended up $2 under my goal and that was close enough for me.

Now I have to go put it all away...

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

HA! You used it for ciggies... so "health" related.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home