Thursday, January 04, 2007

alcohol

is a wonderful thing.

over my little vacation from work, i found myself desiring alcohol around 7pm everyday. i chalked this up to my body clock being timed into happy hour and being on vacation.

today, it's 5:34 and i want a drink. actually, i wanted it starting about 20min ago. today, i chalk this up to the fact that i'm counting frames and trying to make todays cut of this jeep commercial match a random alt cut from december, and today's cut has 2 extra shots that have to go and one that has to be replaced, with two alt versions, each of different lengths and when those first two shots are gone and the third replaced by it's alt versions, my sequence is either 43 or 61 frames short, depending on which alt shot i'm using. the 43 is fine. bc i discovered that the long lost alt cut from december has exactly 43 extra frames in various shots than this new version today. but. i have no idea where the other 18 are gonna come from for the shorter alt version. luckily, this is not my problem. some animator has to render extra frames out on the last shot. what is my problem, is that i may be stuck here waiting for that to happen so i can put the missing frames in. that would suck. i want a drink and a cigarette. and to work for myself, but i don't currently make enough money independently to pay myself the salary that i'd want to do so....oh well....perhaps in another 9months or so it will be a different story....

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I was going to say something really great about alcohol (Absinthe in particular) and then I read the previous comment. It kinda through me off of the whole alcohol thing, but I guess having to actually spend $5000 in Abercrombie would drive me to drink.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home