Friday, July 07, 2006

right place right time?

Timing is a strange and (sometimes) beautiful thing. The timing, for example, of my very socially active past weekend, was flawless. Timing worked well for me there, just like it did last night.

When I heard that I'd have to spend some of my after hrs digitizing time last night showing one of our new freelance editors the ropes I was initially not pleased. I didn't want to be there all night, I wanted to bring in my two line cuts, bill them for 6hrs, and go (and the irony of me training someone to do the job I want was definitely not lost on me). But the hr or so I spent with the new chick ended up being way more beneficial for me than for her. She was impressed with my knowledge (and that it spanned well beyond my current salaried activities) and my age. And long story short, I may have just networked myself into another night time freelance gig, and one that could possibly include actual editing, at this chick's 9-5 company. Awesome. Now I get to bill my company for an hr that I spent selling myself into a new position.

I can't tell if the timing in other areas of my life is off or just where it needs to be. I don't think I have those answers yet, nor will I for a while longer...but that's ok I guess.

Found some much needed release today. But still looking for more. I am constantly under construction and my head is filled with the sound. Hammers on nails, sheltering one zone, while plywood is being ripped from it's hinges in the next. They say that there's no actual storage place for all the scaffolding in Manhattan b/c there's always something in the city under construction. The scaffolding just gets moved from one place to the next. My head is Manhattan. And so...

It's the right time for me to escape the city for a bit again. Heading to the sanctuary (most of the time at least) that is my parents house. Spend the weekend watching movies and shopping with my mom, and, most importantly, laying next to and in my pool. Sifting and sorting out in the sun. And if I'm really lucky, there'll be some of my gram's potato salad left from the 4th...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home