Monday, July 24, 2006

ah weddings

for the first time in my wedding cutting history, i wish i was actually invited to the wedding i'm currently working on. the couple, although not as mushy cute as the others, seems mad cool. i want to be their friends. their friends seem mad cool. i want to be friends with their friends. the ceremony was short as ceremonies go, and they're playing awesome fun music at their reception (michael jackso madonna fun). their song, you know the one that they do that "first dance" to....is All I Need, it starts out with the old one, the original and then the DJ mixes in the Nas&Mary J version and they tear it up and it's fucking awesome. they had their puppies as the ring bearers, his mom did some performance art poem mid ceremony, his father looks like a Mark Twain impersonator and dances like...well...there are no words...it's just great....oh and i think her dad is gay, and they had their friend make an announcment mid cereomony about how they think marriage "shouldn't just be between a guy and a girl, it should be between two dudes and two ladies too". i love these people. i hope my friends weddings are this much fun (seriously, if you're my friend and u tell me you're getting married, i'm saving this wedding, to play for you, as an example of what yours should be if you want your guests, read:me, to have fun)

2 Comments:

Blogger invisible dreams said...

we are so gonna have awesome weddings, court. and it's all cuz of this crazy little business we started showing us how NOT to do so many things.

11:37 AM  
Blogger ath said...

haha, i realized i learned a lot of things that way, what NOT to do, from other people (and all too often from my own stupid mistakes...). i learned half my Avid troubleshooting that way. TA'ing at Tisch was the best job I ever had, and, it's still my favorite...god I hope that changes soon....and now i'm writing an entierly different blog in this little box...and so it's time to "get back to work" ha

(i'm about to start a paper edit from Taks notes - at work)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home